Acne is by far the most common skin condition among both adults and children across the world. While many people believe that acne is almost exclusively a problem during your childhood and adolescence, acne is just as common in adults as it is in children, with nearly half of the world suffering from some form of acne. Whether it’s a minor pimple or a more severe case of acne, the team at Bellmore Dermatology is committed to giving you the flawless skin you’ve always desired.
One of the most common acne myths is that one must let acne run its course and heal itself. While they may be okay for the occasional pimple or whitehead, leaving most acne untreated will result in further skin issues as well as permanent scarring. It is important to get a consultation by a certified dermatologist in order to prevent future issues.
Procedures & Treatments
One of the best means of treating your acne scars is through skincare procedures performed by your dermatologist. Some of the most common treatments are:
- Chemical Peels – Specially formulated medical-grade peels that can treat moderate to severe acne cases, as well as, improve dark marks and the skin’s overall health and aesthetic appearance.
- Laser Treatments – Laser and light therapy treatments are highly helpful in the treatment of acne scars. They can help take away some of the brown and red marks, as well as resurface some of the marks that form depressions in the skin.
- Fractora – Fractora is one of the most versatile devices available today. Its multi-wavelength RF (radiofrequency) system combined with deep microneedling which allows for the treatment of a variety of issues, including acne itself as well as acne scars.
- Manual Acne Removal – Made famous by online “pimple-poppers”, dermatologists will manually drain whiteheads and inject acne cysts, and pimples, mainly to prevent scarring in the first place.
- Dermal Fillers & More – Using fillers like Bellafill, we have been able to treat deep acne scarring by filling in the material with the ability to stimulate collagen, for very lasting results.